ABI CellML meeting minutes 2010-01-06

Present: Dougal Cowan, Andrew Miller, Catherine Lloyd, David Nickerson, Poul Nielsen

Apologies: Randall Britten, Justin Marsh, James Lawson, Peter Hunter

Last week's action items:

1) The cellml.org team to add a link to the draft spec to the site.

  • Not yet done.
  • There was discussion about drafts and the requirements for the specs page.
  • Poul emphasized the need for an easy to find drafts page.
  • There was an extensive discussion about what constitutes a draft spec.

Action item 1) The umbrella spec to be moved to the top of the spec page.

Action item 2) Andrew to work out where to put the drafts and how to link to them. Also to write up some possible definitions of draft vs proposal, endorsed draft, etc.

  • There was a discussion about the proposal/draft/specification sequence.

2) Justin to find out which is the last snapshot with COR-view enabled, and mail to team@cellml.org, so that people can try it, e.g. Mark, Ethan, Tessa, James, Catherine.

  • Not done.

This week's agenda:

1) (Catherine) Terms of use for CellML models and associated content hosted on models.cellml.org.  Tracker item 2056.  Confirmation that we will use Creative Commons Atrribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ together with a specific statement about attribution. The wording of this statement, and where is should be displayed, has to be decided.

  • Catherine reported that it has been decided to use the Creative Commons atttribution license 3 for the CellML repository.
  • David asked if there was to be a blanket license for all repository content, Catherine said that yes this is going to be the case.
  • There was a discussion on how to make sure all repository users know about/see the license.
  • David asked if the license could be a file in the workspace (license.txt).
  • Andrew outlined the difficulties of this approach due to technical reasons involving Mercurial.
  • Andrew said that it is most important to inform repository submitters about the license, and then users (downloaders).
  • David suggested making license viewing part of the exposure workflow, giving a reminder of the lack of a license in the workspace.

2) (Catherine) CellML 1.1 best practice guidelines and model library building effort.  Andre has created a tracker item and will arrange a meeting for all interested in the week starting 18th Jan.

  • Catherine has made a tracker item about the CellML 1.1 tutorial/best practice meeting.
  • Catherine also said that we need PMR2 and embedded workspace best practice.

3) CellML core specs - update

  • Andrew has been working on the Haskell based ModML, which is not available anywhere yet. This is a possible successor to CellML. Andrew outlined some of its features.

4) Metadata specifications (general, citations, graphing, simulation, other)

  • Catherine asked who is going to be taking over responsibility for this now that James is leaving.
  • There was a discussion about the direction and progress of the metadata general spec.
  • David said that we need to go back through the trackers, discussions etc and summarize them.

5) cellml.org update

  • There was a discussion about editors.
  • It was suggested that we no longer need meetings for the cellml.org group.
  • David said that we might need to add links to some of the members pages (informational ones) from some more visible location on the site.

6) OpenCell development update

  • Justin is waiting on the documentation.
  • Dougal said that there are still some bugs to do with sessions.

Action item 3) Dougal to create (a) tracker item(s) about these bugs.

7) CellML API - update

  • Andrew added support for automatically changing <>s to !=s.
  • Andrew started looking into IDA support on a branch.
  • Catherine emailed Morgan and Allyson about progress, but has not yet heard back.
  • There was a discussion about support for Lucian Smith and Antimony.
  • Andrew reported that the API paper is now under review.

8) PMR2 development - update

  • Tommy has released 0.2, and there was much rejoicing.
  • Catherine has used 0.2, and the new exposure rollover feature was praised.

9) Repository contributions update

  • Catherine will give a full update next week; check the RSS feed.