ABI CellML meeting minutes 2009-09-09

Present: Dougal Cowan, Andrew Miller, David "Andre" Nickerson, Tommy Yu, James Lawson, Mike Cooling, Justin Marsh.

Apologies: Poul Nielsen, Peter Hunter, Randall Britten, Catherine Lloyd.

Last week's action items:

1) James to put Ely's paper on the publications section of the website.

  • Not yet done.

2) Mike to start eliciting feedback from users of PMR2.

  • Done.

This week's agenda:

1) CellML namespace page

  • James wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions of how to improve the namespace page.
  • Andrew suggested looking at W3C for how to format a namespace page.

Action item 1) James to update the tracker item or re-do the namespace page.

2) models.cellml.org integration with cellml.org

  • James started a discussion about the issues surrounding the options of keeping models and cellml.org separate, or integrating them.
  • Andre said that if they are integrated, they must be completely seamless - for example, all search results should be the same no matter which part of the site you are searching from.
  • Andre said that other websites may well want to access PMR2 and display repository information.
  • There was a discussion of the pros and cons of each option.

3) CellML Specs - update

  • No updates.

4) Metadata specifications

  • No updates.

5) OpenCell development update

  • Justin has fixed tracker item 1881.
  • Justin continues to work on getting OpenCell working on Windows.
  • Alan has done a lot of work on getting the trunk merged into his branch, which is problematic due to the SVN to Hg migration, and requires a good deal of manual work.

6) CellML API - update

  • Andrew Miller is still working on the API paper, and has been corresponding with Alan about the content of the paper.
  • There was a discussion about technology choice justifications.

7) cellml.org update

  • James started a discussion about permissions, editing and workflows on the website.
  • The website group will be wanting feedback on who is interested in contributing content to which sections of the site.
  • Andrew asked what the advantage is to complicating the system; that is, what problems are solved by moving away from the current scenario (where everyone had manager rights).
  • There was a discussion about problems caused both by permissions being too loose and too tight.

8) Repository contributions update

  • James has been standardizing metadata and keywords.
  • James may have up to four summer students doing repository work; there was a discussion about summer students, and whether the repository is in a state to sustain such activities.
  • James has been teaching Alys Clark from the lung group about CellML. She has an algebraic model she wants to code up.

9) PMR2 development - update

  • Tommy has been moving to a re-implementation of Zope to enable the use of more Hg libraries; he will need to re-write some small bits of PMR2.
  • Tommy would eventually like to ditch Plone altogether and use raw Zope3 with a custom presentation layer.